Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s Staff Have Taken Away His Twitter Account
(11-07-2016, 05:32 AM)Dill Wrote: Have you been following this election? The guy has divided his own party like no candidate in history. Not a single former Republican president or nominee showed up at his convention. Any other Republican candidate could have beaten Clinton, but he shot himself in the foot week after week with reckless, needlessly offensive comments and unhinged late-night tweets. Setting a never to be equalled standard of bad taste and judgment, he brought Bill Clinton accusers to a presidential debate--and still let Hillary play him like a fiddle.

For most of his campaign he worked states where he could find the biggest campaign crowds and neglected swing states he needed. His ground game is nil, his organization chaotic. He encourages violence among his followers claiming that the press and a rigged system are the reasons why he has blown a winnable election. He calls his opponent a criminal "worse than Watergate" and promises to put her in prison if he wins, and to prosecute the women who have publicly accused him of doing what he said celebrities like him can do to women.

I don't even want to get started on the foreign policy ignorance (we "lost the element of surprise" in Mosul??), but I will mention his inability to vet information gleaned from the internet, his coziness with Alex Jones, and his abysmal lack of knowledge about the executive branch.

Why would this guy suddenly become stable, organized, and far-sighted if he won the presidency? And if you don't think he would become stable, then why do you think his instability wouldn't have consequences for all the departments of the executive under his control, whose protocols he is unfamiliar with? Why wouldn't it impede working with Congress, so many of whose members won't even speak to him. Why wouldn't it have foreign policy consequences? Will Putin and the Chinese provoke him to midnight tweets after pushing all his buttons during treaty negotiations, just as Clinton did during the debates? Will he threaten to sue foreign powers too or threaten trade wars Congress won't back him on?

If you don't think much could go wrong if Trump ordered the US military to use torture or tried to grab Iraqi oil, then I understand why you don't see much difference between Trump and Clinton and why my comments seem hyperbolic. But for those who DO see what can go wrong, a Trump presidency looks like an unending, crazy drama--just as his campaign has been--and likely to end in impeachment while Congress and Pence try and repair the policy and fiscal damage.

We'll see on Tuesday! :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump’s Staff Have Taken Away His Twitter Account - Mike M (the other one) - 11-07-2016, 01:05 PM