Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-17-2015, 05:17 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Not that I disagree....but, theoretically, what harm can come if most children are vaccinated and some aren't?  Isn't that the point of vaccination, to protect you from the virus?

The object of universal vaccination is eradication of the virus. Eventually it will disappear from the area if not infecting anyone. Even those vaccinated, however, can be carriers of the virus for the lifespan of it (which if not infecting someone is significantly shorter due to not being able to reproduce). So if a small percentage of the population is not vaccinated you can still see a resulting epidemic as immunized people spread the virus all over.

Now, this still leaves the immunized folks immune, for the most part. Immunizations don't always take, and some will decline in effectiveness over the years. I've had to have a booster for my Hep C vaccine a couple of times because my titer test showed that it didn't hold well for me. So while inoculations aren't perfect, they do reduce the number of susceptible people significantly. Then you have the ones unable to be immunized. There will always be these people. Whether it's an allergy to something in it or an immune system that couldn't handle it. Either way, there is a population that legitimately cannot be immunized.

So with all of these things going on around us, even a small population of people that are not immunized could easily be killed off in a short amount of time were something serious to hitch a ride somewhere.

Side note, my aunt is a pediatric nurse supervisor here at the hospital and there is some new research on measles being floated around. Essentially, measles resets the immune system. Meaning your white blood cells lose any recognition memory for other diseases once you have measles, leaving you highly susceptible to all sorts of nasty stuff and making even the common cold a potentially deadly situation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated - Belsnickel - 05-17-2015, 07:32 AM