Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little election day wisdom from my redneck ex-brother in law
(11-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why? His journey is not the same as yours, he values things differently than you do, so that's how he votes. If we all had the same opinion, then wtf would we argue about? How green the grass is? That would be boring as hell.

I'm all about difference of opinion (I always point out there would be no NFL if we all rooted for the same team when people in my native Steeler country ask why I'm wearing Bengals stuff), but this guy is legitimately postulating based upon the notion that the US government is going to come to his door to take his guns.

I don't mind debating or respecting differences of opinions, but such things are impossible when people formulate arguments on things that aren't fact.  What in a man's upbringing makes him sure Hillary Clinton is going to send the Army to personally engage in a gun fight with him?  I'd wager mostly nonsensical brainwashing.  So, stuff like this is hard to approach in a "respect everyone's opinion" sort of manner.  I just hear more than a few reasonable people talking about how gung-ho they are to go down in a blaze of glory when some absurd scenario occurs.  

Ida know, maybe liberals sit around and talk about how they're going to fight to the death when Trump sends the Army to force everyone in this country to become a white-bread evangelical Christian, or some such.  

Ok, I read the OP's post from his brother in law in depth and none of it is based on fact. So, yeah, what DOES lead a man to value fiction over all else? Obama is gay, his wife is a man, liberals want to disarm the populace to make it easier to send the Army to shoot them, and so on and so forth. I hain't respecting this stuff. People that pitch this kind of crap are the ones who go on about how every opinion is the same.

Fine respect this...I voted for Gary Johnson because Hilary Clinton was replaced by a shape-shifting alien and Donald Trump is a black dragon disguised as a human. Both want to win and enslave the human race. Can't argue, my opinion is as valid as yours! *plugs ears*
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little election day wisdom from my redneck ex-brother in law - Nately120 - 11-08-2016, 08:48 PM