Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton projected to win popular vote
(11-09-2016, 10:49 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm fairly shocked by this. It'll be real interesting to see if Trump's victory was more a result of high Republican turnout, low Democratic turnout, or of Dems crossing party lines in swing states to support Trump. I seriously can't believe she won the popular vote with the way the electoral college went.

I heard some interviews this morning where there were regular Democrat voters that weren't motivated to go to the polls. They weren't excited about Clinton, they really disliked Trump, but they thought it was a foregone conclusion Clinton would win. So they didn't hit the polls in the numbers they did for Obama. This was something that was thought could be a potential problem, but not as significant.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clinton projected to win popular vote - Belsnickel - 11-09-2016, 10:57 AM