Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton projected to win popular vote
(11-09-2016, 10:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I heard some interviews this morning where there were regular Democrat voters that weren't motivated to go to the polls. They weren't excited about Clinton, they really disliked Trump, but they thought it was a foregone conclusion Clinton would win. So they didn't hit the polls in the numbers they did for Obama. This was something that was thought could be a potential problem, but not as significant.

Dems are always susceptible to that.  It happened here in Kentucky last year when we got a carpet-teabagger governor that nobody but the evangelicals seemed to like leading up to the contest.  Thing is, those folks actually can be depended on to vote.  

I honestly felt like the Comey announcement that the investigation was re-opened two Fridays ago would scare Dems into getting to the polls.  I guess not.  

I never thought trump would win the election, but I always found some of the polls a bit laughable.  Huffpo was giving trump a 1.6% chance of winning.  That's just straight arrogance and stupidity.  It may have even hurt to spread that kind of message on a partisan liberal website.  You'd have to be a complete fool to believe that number.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clinton projected to win popular vote - samhain - 11-09-2016, 11:11 AM