Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump!
(11-10-2016, 01:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FIFY

Not really.

The DNC isn't playing the game on the same level as the RNC. It is sort of like a game between the Patriots and Browns right now. This is not an insult to the RNC. It is their job to win elections. Obviously, they are doing it well.

And the DNC hasn't been playing the 'long-game' strategy at all. The Nixon resignation was a political disaster for the GOP. During the seventies, they shifted their concentration to securing local elections first, then state-level elections and finally national elections. They have done this quite successfully. If you look at your local elections for city and county offices, you will generally see many more Republicans than Democrats. Sometimes they are even unopposed. This is why red states are red. It is bottom to top. Win at the grassroots level and build from there. Success on the national level is based upon thousands of smaller elections. Democrats have neglected this over the years. They had a huge amount of political capital after Watergate and have gradually squandered it over the years.

They also developed a core doctrine that most Republicans adhere to religiously (no evangelical reference intended). They have centralized messages that most Republicans successfully hear, incorporate and spread.

I'm not a conservative (though I do have a few conservative values). That said, I can't help but appreciate their political machine. The Democrats would be wise to rebuild their own party on this model.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump! - Bengalzona - 11-10-2016, 01:43 PM