Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
climate denier in charge of EPA transition
(11-10-2016, 06:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good, the entire climate change notion is the biggest load of crap ever to be used to extort money from people.  Back in the '70s, scientists were claiming the next ice age was coming.  Then, it was "Global Warming", now that the warming trend has been in recession, they changed it to the all encompassing "Climate Change".  Well, you know what?  It's all cyclical, has very little to do with human behavior.  Hell, one volcanic explosion emits a colossal amount of greenhouse gasses, much more than the sum total of Global output, many times over.  It's been debunked that the hole in the ozone is actually the planet's "thermostat", it fluctuates to keep things in balance.  The bit about the Earth flooding if the polar caps should melt, that one is really rich.  To those that believe that, I have a small experiment for you.  Fill a large glass with ice, next fill all of the remaining space with water, allow all of the ice to melt completely.  Did the glass flood?

I think humans do have some impact on it all, but it's the level of impact that I have doubts about. Plus yeah, the whole 70s ice age, and them global warming turning into climate change is a pretty funny thing to point at.

The planet naturally changes. 100,000 years ago (not that long in planetary age) the planet was in a legitimate ice age. From like 950-1250, there was what was called the Medieval Warm Period. From the 15th century to the 19th century, there was the Little Ice Age.

On the topic of your ice/glass thing, during the Jurassic Period, there were no ice caps.

I think all-in-all it's 90% BS, 10% something. It's clearly not good for the planet when we abuse it, but it is pretty goofy when people are using a 10, 20, 50, 100 year span as evidence when this planet is what, 4.5 billion years old? That's like me asking someone how they felt each second for 3 seconds and if they felt better or worse each time I asked, deciding that was proof and you needed to change your life and give me all your money so I could fix it.

People treat theories as scientific fact far too often. Remember, it was "scientifically proven" in the 30s that smoking was good for you, in the 70s that we were heading into an ice age, in the 90s that the planet would run out of oil, in 2000 that technology would universally fail, etc etc.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: climate denier in charge of EPA transition - TheLeonardLeap - 11-10-2016, 07:23 PM