Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To which promises do you hold president Trump.
(11-10-2016, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look, it's nothing personal toward you. 

Well, allright then. ThumbsUp

(11-10-2016, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You just seem to word your posts in a way to come off condescending, and like your intent is to rile some opposition.  If you have no other occupation than to monitor US politics, then great, you will learn much in this forum.

I don't want to be condescending and I intended to treat every person with respect. Not every point made, though. Sure I am opinionated and not just a mere observer too, I have my own views - although being curious is the driving force, hearing myself talk is nothing I need this forum for.
Somethimes, I also lack some nuances in the language, which leads to me saying stuff or use words that I imagine can be seen as condescending. It isn't meant that way. Being overly self-confident is really not my thing.

This whole Trump topic sure captivates me especially, for I compare Trump to right-wing populism and my country is always on the forefront of electing those people, and I feel I recognize some mechanisms and really want to study them first-hand - and the US has gotten a first-hand source now. The Trump presidency also can prove me right or wrong on a topic I am just highly invested in (I hope I'm wrong). And people might broaden my perspective and I actually try to listen to (and argue with) Trump voters, not condescending them. I take quite an emphasis on seeing condescending reactions as both pointless and unjustified.

(11-10-2016, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Inre: to your response about European Nations not paying for protection for long?  Lol.  They may raise their own bodies, but you can be sure they will be buying their weapons from one of two sources.  I'm betting it will be from the US.  Just a hunch.

Well, I don't know what we'll do. It depends on how Trump handles himself in the first few months. But if he alienates European countries - which I suppose will happen - there will be strong tendencies to reach more factual independency from the US. And believe it or not, European countries are very much capable of building weaponry themselves. Don't underestimate us, we're quite developed too.
There might be money to be made from some especially fancy stuff we want from you, granted, I can see that. I can't see that reaching extents that your economy will flourish from that.

(11-10-2016, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finally, I don't wish you to leave.  I get amusement at your banter.  I do wish that if you are truly a football fan, that you partake in the football forum.  You can learn so much, just by reading.  If you have no genuine interest in American Football, then you really just are a troll, with no business on this site.

I went to London for the Skins game, I watched EVERY Bengals game this year and also did so last year. To give you an idea, that often means staying up until 5.30 a.m. when next day is a normal workday. Please do not question my football enthusiasm. What you could question is my football knowledge - there I know most of you guys are just more educated. I read, that's what I do, and I also used to pose tons of questions (until people were understandably tired educating me). Plus I am in three fantasy leagues every year.
But enough personal history here now.

Glad I can amuse you - that also is important.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: To which promises do you hold president Trump. - hollodero - 11-10-2016, 11:44 PM