Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
climate denier in charge of EPA transition
(11-11-2016, 12:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: [Image: SkepticsvRealists_500.gif]

...and it was a republican strategist called Frank Luntz who changed the name. Not the climate conspiracy.

...and the dramatically rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere are proven, as is the fact that this increase stems from fossile fuels. Doubt is always a welcome part of the conversation, but not when it's doubting facts. The CO2 levels are not a theory, they are a proven fact that have nothing to do with volcanoes. Volcanoes only amount to around 1% of the CO2 humankind blows into the atmosphere. Not more. 

That graph just goes back to my point that it's using a 40 year sample size... for a 4.5 billion-year-old planet. It's like zooming in on 1/10,000th of a single slice of pepperoni to determine how flat an entire pizza is.

40 years is 0.00000089% of Earth's history.  (Provided I did my math right there.)

There just aren't any reliably large enough sample sizes of data to conclude it's anything other than a theory right now. Humans are always stuck on thinking of short term time scales because to a person, 100 years is a long time. To the Earth, 100 years is pretty much nothing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: climate denier in charge of EPA transition - TheLeonardLeap - 11-11-2016, 01:24 AM