Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump!
(11-10-2016, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I literally just said today the democrats followed the republican playbook by running the person who was "suppose" to be the next president.

I had said the same when they ran Bob Dole and and W. Bush and Romney.  Although Bush was probably more their Obama in that it seemed it was McCain's turn and Bush had the better campaign team.

The establishment in the democratic party is toast.  There's no way the party base will allow them to continue the status quo.  Dems typically close ranks a lot faster than Reps, so I don't necessarily see a tea party revolt in the mix, but something coming.  Every article I've read about the post-election strategy from the perspective of the left says the exact same thing.  Fire everybody at the DNC, get ruthless and relentless replacements, move forward.

Trump has just shown them that you don't really need the big money donors if you can get a message that resonates with voters. The old party elders are now beholden to the Sanders wing and all that comes with it. Equal and opposite reactions and all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump! - samhain - 11-11-2016, 10:44 AM