Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone explain to me.... (regarding Trump)
He's made various racist statements. Remember, racism isn't carrying a flaming cross or calling people names. It's applying generic beliefs to a group of people (Mexicans coming are all job stealing, murdering rapists), which often seeks to elevate one group of people or propagate an idea.

We all do it. On the other hand, we aren't all POTUS. He is to be held to a higher standard, not because he's a better person, but because people have to have confidence that their leader is as least as good or better than they are. Otherwise, he's just some guy ni a house you're paying for making decisions you agree with about 37% of the time.

As far as the fear, some people felt we swung toward minorities having free reign (note: not my opinion, just the position being put out there). The lack of intervention by DoJ in minority violence against officers (actually, the opposite of intervention when they sided more with guilty parties without really forcing transparency), rights defined for LGBT individuals, etc. So those minorities are fearing a backlash along the lines of: if a minority friendly DoJ turned a blind eye to crimes by minorities, maybe a new one will do so to crimes against minorities.

It's mostly just worrying about things that haven't (and most likely won't) happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone explain to me.... (regarding Trump) - Benton - 11-14-2016, 06:41 PM