Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees
(11-15-2016, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes benching can "get a players attention", but it is not that simple to fix poor play.  

If all it took to make a player great was to bench him then I could be a great coach.  Benching a player without addressing the reason he was benched does nothing.

Same thi8ng with all the guys who claim all our coaches need to do is yell louder or criticizes the players in public.  Neither of those tactics does anything to fix most problems with poor play.  There are very few guys who have made it to the level of starting in the NFL who are playing poorly just because no one is yelling at them.

BTW in college I played for a great coach.  Ken Sparks made the playoffs 25 times as a head coach winning 5 National Championships (NAIA) and playing in 4 other Championship games (Div II).  He is the all-time leader in wins by a Div-ll head coach.  He did not think he could fix every problem just by benching whoever messed up each week.  Instead he tried to look at why they were playing badly and address the problem.

I agree with what you're saying, and know who was your coach at Carson Newman.....but we're 10 weeks in, something has to be shaken up somewhere at this point. Also, some of the penalties and silly shit I was referring to would have been a prime reason to bench a couple.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-15-2016, 05:21 PM