Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE ALT-RIGHT HAILS ITS VICTORIOUS GOD-EMPEROR
(11-15-2016, 05:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure, radical groups celebrate one candidate or the other and it's not the candidate's fault in the first place. It's just that Trump (unlike Obama) contributed himself quite a bit to that. Just by saying things that were never said before in a race (as far as I know)

Sure he did.  He looked at a group of disenfranchised voters who had been beaten down by identity politics...took the Democratic playbook and turned those votes out.

I tend to agree with the comment that Trump voters "take him seriously, not literally" and the media takes him "literally and not seriously".  And he's already walking even more of it back.  He's not polished or subtle like the skilled Dems that play the game, but he looked where the Dem's identity politics weren't connecting and dealt himself in.

I don't think it's a stretch for a rational, non-bigot to look at Trump's "extreme" campaign positions and conclude they don't endorse his radical view, but don't believe that will be the policy and DO see him as the candidate to address immigration, for example.

Like I said, at some point people are going to acknowledge that Trump's campaign is just what Dems have been doing - exagerrated fears, half-truths, deception and outright lies to create single issue voters.

What's disappointing to me is that people don't see the inherent bigotry/racism when the Dem game is about white men, old white men being sexist/racist/privileged/homophobic/etc....I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm no less offended by liberals than you are by Trump.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE ALT-RIGHT HAILS ITS VICTORIOUS GOD-EMPEROR - JustWinBaby - 11-15-2016, 07:11 PM