Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
(11-14-2016, 01:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Looking over open enrollment options: In Georgia my employer offers a choice between Anthem and Kaiser Permanente.  (In California, employees can choose between Anthem and Anthem.)  No one accepts Kaiser Permanente in my area so it isn't a viable choice unless I want to pay out of network prices for everything.  I enrolled in the Kaiser policy last year after checking their web site to make sure our doctors were in network.  When I saw my doctor I was informed they haven't accepted Kaiser Permanente for 4-5 years, but the insurance company hasn't updated their website.  So I realistically have a choice between Anthem or Anthem.

Eighty percent of Americans have employer sponsored health insurance.  Personally, I have had between 1-3 options to choose from which is less policies to choose from than many of the state health insurance exchanges which offer Obamacare.  This has nothing to do with Obamacare.

So what your wife's employer offers is relevant to your complaint; limited choices.

In order for it to work for the consumers, there needs to be competition. This is the part that you keep glossing over.

The goal is to have multiple plans offered by multiple carriers in your area to keep it affordable for the consumers.
I can understand rural areas only having 1 carrier, but heavily populated areas should have more than one carrier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare' - Mike M (the other one) - 11-15-2016, 09:04 PM