Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Trump Save Their Jobs? They’re Counting on It
(11-17-2016, 03:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right, increase profits. Why should we hold him to a higher standard than we do any other business owner?

Oh, as a business owner I don't. A business has to do what's best for its owner(s) first.

But he's not a business owner in this respect. He's the POTUS. Some people voted for him because they thought — since he was a successful business owner who only lost a billion dollars one year — that he could improve the economy by applying his knowledge to policy. But if his knowledge is just "outsource to cheaper countries, insource lower paid workers" I'm not seeing how that's going to improve the economy.

Quote:More to the point, everyone plays by the same rules.

I wish. If small business owners could insulate themselves from loss like corporations do, our economy would be very different. Better or worse, I'm not sure. Or if corporations weren't so protected, we'd have a more level playing field. But there are at least two sets of rules depending on your business'  income bracket.

Quote: As the rules are currently, some things are just cheaper from China than they are here. If that changes (via Tarif etc) then you will see companies coming back or new companies forming to meet the market demands because they do what's best for their bottom line. And you don't have to make the Tarif higher than it would cost to buy the item locally, just setting it to a point where both are fairly even. It's much more convenient to get your merchandise from down the road than it is from overseas.

I can't answer why the Valade family does it because I'm not sure who the Valade family is (elaborate please what type of business are they in?).

Carhartt. One of several companies that still makes a lot of their stuff in the US. Entirely, no, but a large part of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Trump Save Their Jobs? They’re Counting on It - Benton - 11-17-2016, 04:15 PM