Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Trump Save Their Jobs? They’re Counting on It
(11-17-2016, 04:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who better to lead the NAACP than former KKK Imperial Wizard David Duke because he understands and participated in racism against African Americans?  Mr. Duke understands how to solve racism because he is a racist.

Not the same and you know it.
Basically he's saying that Trump could use his knowledge of the business side to help the government make better decisions about what is good vs bad for businesses.

(11-17-2016, 04:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Oh, as a business owner I don't. A business has to do what's best for its owner(s) first.

But he's not a business owner in this respect. He's the POTUS. Some people voted for him because they thought — since he was a successful business owner who only lost a billion dollars one year — that he could improve the economy by applying his knowledge to policy. But if his knowledge is just "outsource to cheaper countries, insource lower paid workers" I'm not seeing how that's going to improve the economy.

I wish. If small business owners could insulate themselves from loss like corporations do, our economy would be very different. Better or worse, I'm not sure. Or if corporations weren't so protected, we'd have a more level playing field. But there are at least two sets of rules depending on your business'  income bracket.

Carhartt. One of several companies that still makes a lot of their stuff in the US. Entirely, no, but a large part of it.

Yes he WILL be the next POTUS, but until last week he was still a businessman running for POTUS.
You're not sure what his knowledge is, neither am I. But he did know how to play the tax game and save himself a lot of money. Not only that, but for a guy that lost almost a Billion, to have recovered and now be worth 2 Billion, that is business savy and a little luck.

Thanks for sharing about Carhatt, I will look them up and if it's true, then I look for a pair to try.

(11-17-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You do realize that tariffs will mean you pay a lot more for everything you buy, correct?

We live in a global market.  we can not just isolate outselves.  US companies currently make huge profits selling products in other countries.  If we raise tariffs here then we are going to lose those markets.

Tariffs won't work.  We can not live in a bubble.

Who said that was the final plan? That's just one way to doing things. We could manipulate the American Dollar, likely won't happen.

(11-17-2016, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Trump does not care about the US economy.  All he cares about is making more money for himself.  That is all he has ever done his entire life.  He admits and even brags about it.  I don't know why anyone would think he would do anything different as POTUS.

Of course he cares about making more money for himself, who doesn't? You? Do you feel you need a paycut?
Because as POTUS he has a chance to leave a legacy behind.

(11-17-2016, 06:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Been down this road before trying to show this to a guy I know but Trump supporters tune out this logic. They are very selective about what they want to understand or hear.

Oh sorry, after you call us racists, bigots, xenophobes, sexists, homophobes, deplorables, and uneducated for the last 3-6 months, forgive us if some of us feel like ignoring you.

(11-17-2016, 06:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So far he has proposed new taxes instead of new incentives to stop out sourcing jobs which will only increase the cost to the consumer. Helluva start to "fixing" the problem. 

Key words, "So far", This is just 1 idea, I'm sure there will be more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Trump Save Their Jobs? They’re Counting on It - Mike M (the other one) - 11-17-2016, 07:48 PM