Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Democratic Party
(11-17-2016, 11:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You seem to have some misconceptions. JFK was the most liberal POTUS we have had since FDR. Based on his positions on congressional actions at the time he was in office, he was very liberal. We've actually seen the Democrats in the Oval Office trend more conservative since JFK, and GOP presidents as well for that matter.

Yes, this reaction to the election is concerning. I was concerned with protestors against Bush and the directions they took, and then those against Obama who burned a lynched effigy of him, and now this. It is completely appropriate to express concerns, and even protest, but both sides have been taking it too far. Let's not pretend that the left has a monopoly on astroturf asshattery.

Climate change is happening. Whether we have a major impact or not, the same things that we do that could potentially impact climate change in a negative way also hurt our environment in other ways and are often fiscally inefficient and unsustainable. It is good stewardship of our budget and our world to take measures to help the environment whether or not it is tied to climate change. Yes, it should stop being politicized, and I think one of the biggest mistakes of the past 30 years has been tying environmental stewardship to climate change/global warming.

I would never deny that climate change is happening, has been happening and will never stop happening. We as humans cant control it, and our impact on it is either nill to zero. In fact, they had a UN climate summit just recently and here are a few highlights...

As University of London professor emeritus Philip Stott has noted: “The fundamental point has always been this. Climate change is governed by hundreds of factors, or variables, and the very idea that we can manage climate change predictably by understanding and manipulating at the margins one politically selected factor (CO2) is as misguided as it gets.” “It’s scientific nonsense,” Stott added. 

University of Pennsylvania Geologist Dr. Robert Giegengack noted in 2014, “None of the strategies that have been offered by the U.S. government or by the EPA or by anybody else has the remotest chance of altering climate if in fact climate is controlled by carbon dioxide.” In layman’s terms: All of the so-called ‘solutions’ to global warming are purely symbolic when it comes to climate. So, even if we actually faced a climate catastrophe and we had to rely on a UN climate agreement, we would all be doomed! The United Nations has publicly stated its goal is not to ‘solve’ climate change, but to seek to redistribute wealth and expand its authority through more central planning. UN official Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chair of the IPCC Working Group III, admitted what’s behind the climate issue: “One must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy … One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.

Dr. Ivar Giaever, a Nobel Prize-Winner for physics:
Global Warming ‘a new religion’

Giaever said his climate research was eye opening. “I was horrified by what I found” after researching the issue in 2012, he noted.
“Global warming really has become a new religion. Because you cannot discuss it. It’s not proper. It is like the Catholic Church.”    “The facts are that in the last 100 years we have measured the temperatures it has gone up .8 degrees and everything in the world has gotten better. So how can they say it’s going to get worse when we have the evidence? We live longer, better health, and better everything. But if it goes up another .8 degrees we are going to die I guess,” he noted.
“I would say that the global warming is basically a non-problem. Just leave it alone and it will take care of itself. It is almost very hard for me to understand why almost every government in Europe — except for Polish government — is worried about global warming. It must be politics.”

Renowned Princeton Physicist Freeman Dyson: ‘I’m 100% Democrat and I like Obama. But he took the wrong side on climate issue, and the Republicans took the right side’  

An Obama supporter who describes himself as "100 per cent Democrat," Dyson is disappointed that the President "chose the wrong side." Increasing CO2 in the atmosphere does more good than harm, he argues, and humanity doesn't face an existential crisis.

'What has happened in the past 10 years is that the discrepancies between what's observed and what's predicted have become much stronger.'

UN Climate treaty is 'POINTLESS.' Climate change 'CANNOT BE SOLVED'
'Pollution is quite separate to the climate problem: one can be solved, and the other cannot, and the public doesn't understand that.'   ~~(some of us actually DO understand that lol)

Green Guru James Lovelock Condemns green movement: 'It’s a religion really, It’s totally unscientific'
Lovelock rips scientists attempting to predict temperatures as 'idiots': “Anyone who tries to predict more than five to 10 years is a bit of an idiot, because so many things can change unexpectedly.”  Read the Full Article 

Key climate data highlights: 
 Global temperatures have been virtually flat for about 18 years, according to satellite data, and peer-reviewed literature is now scaling back predictions of future warming 
 The U.S. has had no Category 3 or larger hurricane make landfall since 2005 – the longest spell since the Civil War.  Strong F3 or larger tornadoes have been in decline since the 1970s. 
 Despite claims of snow being ‘a thing of the past,’ cold season snowfall has been rising.  Sea level rise rates have been steady for over a century, with recent deceleration. 
 Droughts and floods are neither historically unusual nor caused by mankind, and there is no evidence we are currently having any unusual weather. 
 So-called hottest year claims are based on year-to-year temperature data that differs by only a few HUNDREDTHS of a degree to tenths of a degree Fahrenheit – differences that are within the margin of error in the data. In other words, global temperatures have essentially held very steady with no sign of acceleration. 
 A 2015 NASA study found Antarctica was NOT losing ice mass and ‘not currently contributing to sea level rise.’  
 In 2016, Arctic sea ice was 22% greater than at the recent low point of 2012. The Arctic sea ice is now in a 10-year ‘pause’ with ‘no significant change in the past decade’ 
 Deaths due to extreme weather have declined dramatically. 
 Polar bears are doing fine, with their numbers way up since the 1960s. While the climate fails to behave as the UN and climate activists predict, very prominent scientists are bailing out of the so-called “consensus.” 

There is plenty more but I'll stop there. It wont be long, and climate change lovers will be considered the biggest tin foil hat wearing pushovers in human history. I will say, I've been saying this stuff to my friends and family for years now. It's nice to see some of the front line scientists basically saying exactly what I've been saying --mainly that climate change is a religion and not real science, and the only good we can do as conservationists is to clean and solve pollution problems because its something we can actually do lol. But keep on buying it. It's a massive sinking ship and has been for a few years now. It's all coming apart at the seams. The only reason most of you dont know this is because you dont look or try. They will NOT say this stuff on CNN, MSNBC Huffpo, etc, etc. They are told not to. 

Messages In This Thread
State of the Democratic Party - Belsnickel - 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - GMDino - 11-16-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - Benton - 11-16-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - GMDino - 11-16-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-16-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-17-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-18-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-18-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-18-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-19-2016, 04:20 AM
RE: State of the Democratic Party - xxlt - 11-19-2016, 10:00 PM