Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we learned....Buffalo edition
(11-20-2016, 10:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I walked out of that stadium with my head down, my usual sarcasm after a loss gone.  As I helped my dad, at 84, down the steps outside the stadium ("Steve, I've got it...you don't have to keep your arm under mine... I know, Dad, you're holding me up, OK?") a part of me felt really sad.  That this will require a major rebuild, and it will be a long time until they could have a real shot at a Championship.  

I so wanted to experience that with my dad.  He's one tough SOB.  But, at his age, you just don't know.  With the Cubs winning a World Series, the Cavs winning the NBA, I thought maybe it was our turn.  

I was wrong.  

The Cubs won the World Series because they replaced their crap GM and crap Manager with two of the top names in the business, and I know little about the Cavs but they sure do seem to have the best player in the NBA to help them along.  The point is, neither of those teams broke the championship droughts due to hope or wishing; they made big moves that paid off.

The Bengals have to follow suit and MAKE it their turn...I'm not holding my breath.  Life ain't fair.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What we learned....Buffalo edition - Nately120 - 11-20-2016, 11:03 PM