Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown, hot dogs, and a story you wont believe
(11-21-2016, 11:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The bothersome part is the fact that Mike Brown would even be aware of the "theft" of 15 hot dogs.  I get what you're saying, and completely understand that someone in the organization would bring it up to the vendor, "we became aware of this, please don't let it happen again".  For this to go all the way to Mike Brown though?  The guy runs an almost $2 billion company, one that is failing miserably this year, and he is concerned with $7-8 worth of hot dogs?

I would like to think that the General Manager of the team, and CEO of the organization, would have higher priorities and better things to occupy his time.

I'm not sure how it got to Mike Brown, and really the story doesn't say. Maybe it is part of a larger problem of vendor theft and it was an example used when talking about the larger issue? My point is this discussion is being fueled by a hatred for a guy during an emotional time when the team is losing, but from a business standpoint he is right.

I worked at Kings Island one summer years ago in the food area and this was big issue there. So much so, that the General Manager of the park held a meeting with all the managers telling them it would be a fire on the spot offense if caught giving or receiving free food. They then started sending out people to test the food service people.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown, hot dogs, and a story you wont believe - Au165 - 11-21-2016, 11:33 AM