Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlighting the positives of the last 4 seasons
(07-18-2015, 01:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It easy (and understandable) to focus on the negatives of the last 4 seasons. Marvin Lewis has extended his playoff record to 0-6, which has never been done by an NFL head coach with a single team. The QB play has continued to be abysmal. The rest of the team hasn't been much better. It seems like the best this group can accomplish is a 10-6 record (.500 in the division) with little hope that they'll win a playoff game.

That said, there's been plenty of positives in the regular season that really don't get the attention they deserve, thanks to the epic post season failures. So what were some of your favorite moments?

1. Favorite regular season win?

2013 - beat the Jets 49-9. The most embarrassing beat down a Marvin team has dished out.

Went to this game and had one of the best times I've ever had. It was so fun seeing a total team effort for one of the more dominate performances I have witnessed @ PBS. 

2. Best rookie season?

Possible candidates:

2014 - Jeremy Hill - 1339 yards from scrimmage and 9 TD's

Only because he could of had 1500 yards and 10 or 11 TDs had he got more touches early IMO. AD rookie season is so close because we thought we would stink and he turned out to be better than expected. 

3. Best offensive season?

2013 - Andy Dalton - 4293 yards, 35 total TD's and 20 INT's, 88.8 passer rating

Give AD some love! Had a pretty good season and pretty much looked like a top 10(ish) QB. 

4. Best defensive season?

2012 - Geno Atkins - 54 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles

12.5 sacks and 4 FF for a DT? Need I say more? Crazy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highlighting the positives of the last 4 seasons - Hoofhearted - 07-18-2015, 11:24 PM