Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point
(11-21-2016, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Mac wouldn't have won the game where Dalton was sacked 7 times and threw for 366. McCarron never threw for more than 212 yards in a start, and that was when the team was good. Mac wouldn't have gotten the tie against the Skins, either.

2. The defense "essentially" won that playoff game. Mac essentially played like poo.

3. I like how you say that a rebuild would get rid of everyone that liked Dalton, but you somehow think Mac would be immune to the same circumstances. A new coach will keep Dalton. Book it. If he somehow wants to start over from scratch at QB, it would be with his own guy. Not Mac.

4. Why do anti-Dalton guys love McCarron? He's a poor man's Dalton, with a weaker arm, less athleticism and far worse pocket awareness. If I hated Dalton, I wouldn't want a less talented clone of him.

1. AJMC came off the bench and threw for 280 in his first real NFL action when he got sacked 3 times. And had a QB rating against the Steelers that was better than all but one of Daltons game against the Steelers. In the games against the same opponents AJMC did better and we had a better chance of winning in the games against Denver and Pitt last year when he was starting compared to the games Dalton started against them this year. 

2. Except when the game was on the line with barely any time left and he led us on a scoring drive to take the lead in shitty weather conditions.

3. Dalton costs 15.7mil next year. AJMC costs 735k. 

4. I'm not anti-Dalton. I like him. He is a decent NFL QB. I don't think he is irreplaceable. New coach usually means new starting QB. I think the logical choice is the guy on the last year of his rookie contract who looks like he could be a starting NFL QB. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point - NATI BENGALS - 11-21-2016, 04:27 PM