Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown, hot dogs, and a story you wont believe
(11-21-2016, 10:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: If you think the Mikey story is bad about 300 families were put out on the street when Jerry Jones moved over to Arlington and those people were given almost no notice. I knew a bunch of them and even hired a few when I was hauling scrap metal for a living in the area. I lived in a motel about a mile down the road right behind the stadium where the Rangers play. That motel at the time was a real dump and about 70% of the rooms were vacant. Soon as those poor folks were booted out that same motel couldn't find enough rooms fast enough. Most of their belongings went straight to dumpsters and most of those people were never allowed back in to retrieve their stuff. Big fences went up and a day or so later everything was leveled to make parking spaces over a mile from the stadium.   To my knowledge the Bengals didn't displace anyone from their homes ,but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it happened . You own an NFL franchise there's probably nothing that wouldn't stop the wrecking ball to build a stadium or the parking lots including women and children . 

As I understand it, you're saying that a crappy hotel was sold and leveled to build a parking lot for AT&T Stadium?  Or are you saying that 300 individual homes were taken over through the use of imminent domain?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown, hot dogs, and a story you wont believe - OrlandoBengal - 11-22-2016, 10:50 AM