Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fesitvus! But only for Trump...
(11-22-2016, 12:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems someone in the meeting does not understand what off the record means.

Nothing is off the record.

(11-22-2016, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: See I don't understand why the President (or any elected official) would want an off the record meeting.  Then it's "he said / he said".  have it recorded and then there is no doubt about conversation.

It makes it easier to deny what was said. His board room negotiations aren't normally televised, so he can say whatever he wants and, if it comes back to bite him later, can take a Clinton and say "I don't recall that." He's hoping to get some of that ability with the press, but I don't see it happening outside of maybe Fox.

(11-22-2016, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know Scalia (maybe others) didn't allow their speeches outside of the courtroom to be recorded but people would take notes.  I just think that leaves too much up to interpretation.

Courtrooms are a little different. State laws vary, but, generally, a judge has the right to limit access to the court, to exclude recording devices and to prohibit photography. Outside the courtroom, they can be recorded like anyone else even without consent, so long as you're part of the conversation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fesitvus! But only for Trump... - GMDino - 11-22-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Fesitvus! But only for Trump... - Benton - 11-22-2016, 02:14 PM