Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Elect slams cast of Hamilton...
(11-22-2016, 04:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: See, I don't get this point of view, and in the spirit of Sunset's thread, I want to understand it. 

They thanked Pence for coming, told the audience there was nothing to boo about him and then said 

Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us here at Hamilton: An American Musical, we really do. We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us — our planet, our children, our parents — or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us.

From this point until he leaves office, he is not a private citizen. He's the Vice President. He works for us and to serve us. They were petitioning him to redress their grievance. It wasn't rude and it wasn't accusatory as they made sure to use language that indicated this was their feeling. 

Thanks in advance. 

The content of their statement wasn't rude to be sure and I get that he's a celebrity and not a private citizen.  Maybe I have a different perspective on this as I have friends who are celebrities and you would not believe the liberties people take with them simply because they're famous.  Yes, you certainly ask for a measure of that when you decide to enter the profession, be it the entertainment industry or politics.  That doesn't mean everyone has a right to access you or address you as they please.  I just don't like the idea of calling someone out in public like that.  Let me throw a different scenario at you, if Pence was at dinner with his wife and the entire wait staff came over and read a prepared statement would you view the event in the same light as this?

(11-22-2016, 04:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I like the way Pence handled it.  Like an adult and a good politician.

And like others I did not find it rude as it happened during the curtain call, not during the play or during say intermission.  

I agree, he handled it well. 

(11-22-2016, 04:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: What would he have to do other than the bolded part to be a man child in your eyes?

Just because he makes decisions (if he does) he's still acting like a child every time he is challenged or feels he has been slighted.

My statement was in response to a joke that Trump is just going to sit in the corner while the adults run things.  Given that context I don't see how my statement could be confusing.  The man makes yuuge decisions as part of his daily life.  Being thin skinned and hot tempered doesn't make you a man-child, being incapable of functioning successfully in the adult world does.

Messages In This Thread
RE: President Elect slams cast of Hamilton... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-22-2016, 04:28 PM