Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-19-2015, 11:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think the examples in your second paragraph are the same thing. Even though you feel the "decision" was make around puberty, it was always going to be that way. Others just choose to say it's been that way from the womb because in their mind, there was never any decision to be made. 

You have absolutely no proof that what you state here is fact. If folks don't give my view any merit; perhaps they will give merit to the views of the American Psychological Association:
http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.aspx
Quote:What causes a person to have a particular sexual orientation?

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

Notice at the end of the answer they state many experience little or no sense of choice. Nowhere do they say it is not a choice.

Point is the brain is a very complex organ and just because you didn't feel the sensation (sense) of the choice doesn't mean you didn't make it; others have felt the sensation of this choice.  Yet folks want to dispute the assertion that sexual orientation occurs in the brain (I suppose because then folks could tie it to a mental disorder); they insist it must be genetic. Just like the celibate gene.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance - bfine32 - 07-19-2015, 12:05 PM