Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-19-2015, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have absolutely no proof that what you state here is fact. If folks don't give my view any merit; perhaps they will give merit to the views of the American Psychological Association:
http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.aspx

Notice at the end of the answer they state many experience little or no sense of choice. Nowhere do they say it is not a choice.

Point is the brain is a very complex organ and just because you didn't feel the sensation (sense) of the choice doesn't mean you didn't make it; others have felt the sensation of this choice.  Yet folks want to dispute the assertion that sexual orientation occurs in the brain (I suppose because then folks could tie it to a mental disorder); they insist it must be genetic. Just like the celibate gene.

I think you may be confusing me with someone that wouldn't give you view any merit. I wasn't trying to disagree with how you felt. Just trying to explain how, yes, in my opinion, what you felt was your 'decision' wasn't really a decision because you were always going to prefer females. 

I can't say with a certainty that decisions people make are this or that. I can only speak from my personal experience and things i've seen and heard from relatives/friends. You can feel that you consciously made a decision around the time of puberty and that's fine. I'm just saying that it's also possible that, even though you feel that way, it may have always been that way.

Do you feel there is a realistic, reasonable chance that you could have been attracted to males at any point in your life?

P.S. I didn't see anything in your link that i disagree with. ThumbsUp

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance - rfaulk34 - 07-19-2015, 12:15 PM