Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-19-2015, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and there for a second I thought you were seriously trying to discuss the matter; unfortunately, you fell right back in line.

"bfine used serial killer while discussing brain function as it relates to sexual orientation. bfine is comparing being gay to being a serial killer".

Sure you made the choice or were you just "born that way".

Of course I have an opinion on the matter and it has been peaked by a few psychology classes. Nothing in my biology classes has led me to believe it is genetic. I suppose I should just go with" I don't know"; nobody could dispute that.

It's strange how you feel that you need to be snarky and sarcastic in 90% of your posts, but when someone else does it to you, you get all defensive and somehow it's no longer a "serious discussion".  Don't talk to people one way and then expect for them to not talk to you in a similar way.  It's a double standard and it leaves people confused about how to approach you in a conversation or debate.

Let's see...Was I born as someone who was not a serial killer?  I believe so.  I don't think that I have the sociopathic tendencies that serial killers typically display early on in their lives.  I don't know if there is a 'serial killer gene', but I do think that if so many of them have similar childhood tendencies, then just maybe there is something to that.  If it's true that they are born that way, it's truly unfortunate for them.  I know that mental illnesses can be genetic, so why not?

Furthermore, I think that homosexuality may also be a mental illness, but whether it is or not, doesn't really matter that much to me. Either way, there doesn't seem to be much of a choice in the issue. It's obvious to me, though not a fact, that people do not have a choice in the matter.  You may say you did, but really, I don't believe you when you say that you chose to be straight. You were born to like boobs....some dudes just don't seem to be the same there.

I use personal evidence as well as the testimony of every single gay person that I know, as well as most straight people that I know to say that homosexuality is not a choice.  I value that evidence more than I value an outsider's opinion.  If it were the consensus opinion, that gay people were making a decision to be that way and they could show me some evidence of it, I'd probably fall in line, but even then, I don't think it would matter all that much regarding my stance on how they deserve to be treated.

I'll gladly admit that I only have my personal experience, and that I truly don't know why gay people are the way that they are rather than searching out only the information that fits my preconceived ideas. 

You can change my mind with some solid information though.  Can you give me some links to some of the scientific writings that you know of that say that this may be a choice, regardless of whether these writings are from biologists, psychologists, or geologists that dabble in the world of gaydom.  I'll definitely read through it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-19-2015, 07:00 PM