Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think a lot of you over estimate and over value just how much the Bengals care
The entire notion that players ought to care about your town and what the people in the town thinks seems odd to say the least. Well over 75% are from other towns, most several states away where there are few if any fans of the teams they play for.  In fact, one of the few from the area has been the team goat most of the season with everyone calling for his head.  It's a game period and they're paid well in excess of what most people will ever see in their lifetimes. I don't fault them for moving on at the end of the day and I could really care less about this mythical passion and fire they're supposed to show week in week out. If they won every game from now till the end of time and stood there with blank stares nobody and I mean NOBODY would say a word, but they're losing and playing terrible right now and folks act as if the whole thing would turn around over night if only every player would just start kicking kittens and shoving old ladies down flights of steps.. 
Trying to project your own frustration on to others only frustrates everyone.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think a lot of you over estimate and over value just how much the Bengals care - grampahol - 11-27-2016, 08:56 PM