Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paulie G and the Defense
(11-27-2016, 10:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Guenther has the Cincinnati defense on a steady positive incline toward improvement.  They aren't where they need to be but they are vastly better than they were at the start of the season.  Today against the Ravens I saw some pressure on Joe Flacco, an interception, some tackles for loss, and even some physical play.

However, I also saw bad tackling, some of which allowed Baltimore to make crucial first downs.  Dre Kirkpatrick trying to tackle people by making them hurdle over him isn't working.  I remember a particular play where the Raven running back vaulted over him!  Dre needs to just drive into that guy and send him backward.  Also, there is a bad habit I see where Cincinnati defensive players slow up in pursuit, pause, hitch step, and try to wait for the ball carrier to make his move first.  That's bad.  You run straight on the proper angle of pursuit to the ball carrier and make him respond!

I fear Paul Guenther may get stolen by another team whose defense needs some spit and polish or by a team who wants a defensive minded head coach.
The D kept us in the game.  The D keeps us in many games.  If we had any offense at all we would be in play-off hunt.  The D keeps the scores low enough to win most of the time, but our offense stinks. Our offense stinks so bad we might lose to Cleveland because it is hard to go 0-16 and Bengals could just be the sorry offense they beat. 

As for Guenther, I don't look for teams to be after the coaches of a 3 win team. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - TKUHL - 11-27-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - Derrick - 11-28-2016, 02:51 AM
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - CKwi88 - 11-27-2016, 10:48 PM
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - Go Cards - 11-27-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - kevin - 11-27-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - THE PISTONS - 11-27-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: Paulie G and the Defense - treee - 11-28-2016, 02:55 AM