Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope Dalton and AJ demand trades...
(11-28-2016, 08:15 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think a lot of Carson's troubles here started when the offensive line fell apart and we went more conservative on offense. I remember years ago (probably 2006) Marvin said in a press conference that the offense needed to work on "controlling the ball longer" and "take more time off the clock". Essentially, he believed the reason the defense was so horrible from 2005-2007 was because the offense scored too fast. Huge mistake IMO. Marvin seems to be under the impression it's the 1970's, that mostly every game will be low scoring and that ball control is the key to victory. BS. In this day and age, the goal should be to score on each and every possession. No lead is safe. I honestly think Marvin is happy to punt the ball away in certain situations where we burn some clock and the team has a lead, whether we lead by 3 or 24 points.

Anyway, Carson has never been good in a conservative offense. I don't get it, you'd think it would be easier for him but it's not. He struggled under the west coast type offense in his early years at USC and only put it all together his senior year when they ran an Air Coryell type offense. Carson thrives under complex, high-flying offensive schemes and flounders under basic, west coast offenses (see: his time in Oakland). When we dialed it down in Cincy Carson really began to struggle. Not a coincidence. When Carson wanted out I'm sure he believed most coaches would adapt their offenses to fit his strengths. Oakland obviously didn't, but then he found Bruce Arians. Unfortunately for him, Carson looks to be over the hill at this point. 

I said the same thing about the line back then.  What's sad is we're seeing it happen again.  The main problem is the same as it was then.....pressure up the middle.  We still haven't replaced Richie Braham 10 years later.  However....yet again....it's the QBs fault.  Lather...rinse...repeat.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hope Dalton and AJ demand trades... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-28-2016, 09:46 AM