Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-season plan, version 1.0
No, it isn't too early. Here is my first version of what i would like to see this offseason. I stayed out of the coaching discussion because I feel it is a waste of my time at this point, and there are plenty of other threads on that subject. Here goes:

1.) Sign FA Terrelle Pryor. Immediately, many will dismiss this idea by stating that the Bengals don't sign other team's FAs (this is true) or that they wouldn't spend the money (this is NOT true). They offered Marvin Jones the $8 million per year, and offered Reggie close to the $5 million the Raiders offered. It wasn't the money.

Pryor is a perfect fit for this offense. You have the future HOF player in AJ (Chad), the rising young talent in the slot in Boyd (TJ), and all that is missing is the vertical "X" receiver on the other side of AJ, which would be Pryor. He would be the new Chris Henry, and I think that is the key piece missing from this offense. If you think he wouldn't want to come here, consider this: His family is in Pennsylvania. He would never be double-teamed here. He has a QB that could get him the ball.

Can you imagine Pryor, AJ, Boyd, and Eifert on the field together? Yes, please.

2.) Sign Whit, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Rex Burkhead. Let the rest go.

3.) The draft is projected to have two extra fourth rounders and two extra sixth rounders. Don't trade out of what is sure to be a pretty high spot in Round 1 (right now, they would be picking at #5, I believe) Get the RDE that we need that should be able to dominate the one on one coverage. I want Myles Garrett(Texas A&M) the most, but Derek Barnett (Tenn), or Jonathon Allen (Bama) would all be huge for this team. One of them will be available when the Bengals pick. With Hardison and Billings coming back off injury, I think they could have the makings of a very good, young defensive line again.

4.) I wont bore you with all the mock selections or round-by-round rankings of needs, but here are the major position groups I would address after that first selection:

Center
LB
RB
Guard
Defensive Tackle/NT
WR
CB
K

5.) Trade McCarron for anything Round 2 or higher. I would rather just keep him as the backup (maybe there is a desperate team during the season) rather than see him go for anything lower than that.

There you have it. Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Off-season plan, version 1.0 - SHRacerX - 11-28-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - Sled21 - 11-30-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - magikod - 12-04-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - J24 - 11-28-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - samhain - 11-28-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - samhain - 11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - Yojimbo - 11-28-2016, 05:17 PM