Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-season plan, version 1.0
I like some of your thoughts. Pryor would be a nice get, but he may command a lot. Not to mention he sometimes looks like a clown and crybaby on the Cleveland sidelines. Although, given their season that is somewhat understandable, but it would be a huge detriment to bring in a diva receiver when we already have a diva LB and diva CB.

My priorities for this offseason go as follows:

1.) Offer Marvin a face-saving option to leave. Retire or become GM, whatever it takes to get him out of HC position. The Bengals are not going to win a SB with Marvin being outcoached week in and week out.

2.) Bring in a firery new coach. My top candidate is Josh McDaniels. The Patriots are the model for performing well in rivalry, primetime, home, and playoff games. All areas the Bengals struggle in. McDaniels screwed up in Denver by questioning its current roster and could never get the full support of Cutler or Brandon Marshall. But I think he offers the preparedness, creativeness, and emotional aspects that the Bengals need to take the next step.

3.) Re-sign the guys we definitely need. Whithworth, Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, Burkhead, Peerman, and maybe Winston.

4.) Draft linemen. I think the second biggest reason for the Bengals struggles this year besides the coaching, are the lines on both sides of the ball. I have seen some early mock drafts having us get Fournette or other playmaker positions which I do not agree with. Your offense is going to struggle no matter what if the line is going give up the pressure like ours does. Defensively, we get no pressure which exposes our secondary's weaknesses. We have slow, old LBs and DBs trying to cover guys a lot longer than they should have to. So I say we go DL in the 1st (or Peppers if he is still ranked as a top 5 prospect), OL (namely C) in the 2nd, and then address WR, RB, or whatever else is there in the later rounds.

5.) Bring in competent and leadership role FAs. Lafell was never going to light up the stat sheet, but he also does not offer much leadership either. He hasn't done much his whole career. That's a problem. I would have thought that Boldin would have been perfect for this role. Look what has happened to the receiving core in Detroit since Calvin left. I do like the idea of Pryor, but he might command too much than the Bengals are willing to give. I do see guys like Vincent Jackson or Robert Mathis filling those roles.

6.) Invest in a new kicker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Off-season plan, version 1.0 - SHRacerX - 11-28-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - CincyWestside - 11-28-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - Sled21 - 11-30-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - magikod - 12-04-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - J24 - 11-28-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - samhain - 11-28-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - samhain - 11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - Yojimbo - 11-28-2016, 05:17 PM