Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did Marvin become the fallguy?
(11-28-2016, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They could hire a GM like most franchises.

The Bengals and Cowboys are the only teams without a GM. Jerry Jones has given control to his son, but Jones himself was a much better "GM" than Mike Brown.

We literally have easily the worst management system in place. We have to hope our HC and head of scouting can talk our inept owner into making sound decisions, with mixed-at-best results. What if our HC or lead scout need fired themselves? Then the management "system" has to be started over again, and these new guys won't have full say on who they hire.

That's why we have little hope of ever winning it all while MB is alive, and sustained success is difficult. I sympathize with Marv because I doubt he ever had full control. That said, we had enough talent to win playoff games (several times). That's why I think Marv earned his pink slip. I can see why some want Marv to be GM, but I seriously doubt that happens.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When did Marvin become the fallguy? - Shake n Blake - 11-28-2016, 03:11 PM