Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
congratulations to game day posters/Harbaugh v Marvin
(11-29-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tucker had only made ONE kick in his entire career of at least 57 yards, and that one was in a dome on astroturf.

Tucker was 4-4 from 50+ this year, but he had not attempted anything longer than 54 yards, and he was below 50% each of the last two years from 50+.

Again, I say most other coaches in the league do exactly what Marvin did in that situation.  Also remember that if Tucker misses the Bengals get the ball almost at midfield (Cin 47), but if they accept the penalty and force a punt they could be pinned inside their 20 with little time left.

It's a bit silly to pick and choose your stats.  For example, you say he was below 50% in 2014 & 2015.  Now I'm going to say he is 17 for 18 in years 2012, 2013 & 2016 (so far).  See what I mean?  I'm pretty much just bullshitting you by saying makes 94.44% of his kicks from 50+.

With Tucker having career long of 61 yards, if you're Marvin and the team is already losing, why give them a good shot to get even more?  For christ's sake, he just made one from 52 yards that easily cleared the crossbar.  Now, if Nugent was kicking for the Ravens, I could see your philosophy here.  This wasn't the only gaffe by Marvin in this game and I don't think I'm alone in my opinion as it has been widely shared in the press this week.  You can bet even some of the players groaned when Marv let him kick the FG as I'm sure they saw Tucker in warmups and realized all to well what he could do.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: congratulations to game day posters/Harbaugh v Marvin - 2MinutesHate - 11-29-2016, 05:30 PM