Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to expect in the first 100 days
(11-30-2016, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Extremely qualified. Deputy Secretary of Transportation for Bush Sr and Secretary of Labor for W.

Not really draining the swamp, though, by picking the wife of the Senate majority leader who worked in the last two GOP administrations. 

A lot of his picks are qualified. Qualification, of course, usually means you're connected. I'm not opposed to this, I'm just not one of those neo-nazis on twitter going "DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!", so I can have a laugh when he fails to act on this promise. The only pick I think is completely unqualified is his Secretary of Education. No experience working in or running schools. Never went to or sent kids to any public schools. She's just really rich from her family and her husband and has spent her millions fighting for laws that take money away from public schools and give them to private schools.

Yeah, qualifications are there for most of them. Qualification alone doesn't make for a good pick, though. Not to say this specific one is a bad choice, just, there are some other questionable ones.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to expect in the first 100 days - Belsnickel - 11-30-2016, 03:33 PM