Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals
1. Network with guys like Bill Parcells, Bill Polian, etc., pick their brain, get myself informed on what are the weaknesses of the current roster/schemes.
2. Identify a free agent DE who is able to play all three downs, provide decent run support, and rush the heck out of the passer ( I know these guys cost money so obviously will have to cut players off the roster like Tomato Pickle (that's Domata Peko for anyone who doesn't know who I'm talking about), Maualuga, etc. to find some money). Also identify the right DEs in the draft to develop.
3. Adjust the roster accordingly and try to get a coach who can cover up some of the weaknesses with a scheme.
4. Find an analytics person who works well with coach above to identify ways the team can take advantage of different spots on the field where potential points are being left off the board by the offense and potential points are being allowed by the defense. For example, if you look at the Baltimore game, I felt that simply by being aggressive at the right places/situations on the field, Baltimore gained a few points whereas the Bengals gave up a few points (which could make a difference in future games). Or the Giants game, where there needs to be more cohesion between coaches and players and a general culture of being prepared and confident in players that would have allowed the Bengals to try to get three points before the end of the first half
5. Practice facility for winter practice.
6. Marketing team to figure out how to make the Bengals more popular nationwide (other than obviously becoming consistent winners).

Edit:
7. Work closely with new coach to draft best player available for the most part
8. Talk the owner into adding ring of honor, etc. around the stadium so that when primetime games come around, the Bengals get some attention on TV (yes they're fluff in many ways, but it still makes the organization look good especially to casual fans).
9. Make it an environment where former players feel like family and visit around a lot more often.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals - masterpanthera_t - 11-30-2016, 09:40 PM