Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals
First thing I would do is bring in a defensive minded head coach to get things back on track. Todd Bowles or Matt Patricia would be ideal. I would then give them the ability to manage their own personnel. If they decide any of the current coaches should stay then they stay. We still have talent that can be utilized on defense.

Second thing I would do is evaluate the roster. Too many has beens are on the team I would cut out the dead weight like Peko, Dansby, Jones and LaFell. I'd be looking to get a veteran through FA or trade to replace Peko. That's been the biggest flaw for the defense this year is the run defense. Along with Billings coming back and that other DT acquired that would give us a starting point to stopping the run again. I'd keep Dunlap and Johnson as the DEs and my focus would be on getting a true rotation again. We haven't seen a good rotation since Geathers retired and the current guys aren't cutting it. I'd love to add a pass rusher in one of the first 2 rounds of the draft maybe both if those were the BPA. I'd put Burfict on notice. You're one of the reasons your team loses the WC game and the way you respond is to come to play out of shape? After being suspended for 4 games too. That line needs to be drawn. The same way New England does that wouldn't fly there.

The biggest problems on offense is we suck in the redzone and the o-line is a mess. I would hope Whit would come back as the cornerstone to the o-line and a leader. I'd franchise tag him or give him a 2 year deal. I'd be actively looking for a new Center through all avenues. I'd be looking to bolster the o-line and let a competition play out in camp. I'd probably let Zeitler walk if he's going to want a crazy amount of money or maybe tag him until a solid replacement was waiting. I think the redzone problem gets taken care of with better coaching and more pocket time for Dalton. Green and Eifert are some of the best redzone weapons in the business.

The two biggest flaws with the Lewis regime imo is that there is too much loyalty to veteran players. It seems like a lot of young guys only get their shot when someone leaves through the off-season or someone gets injured. I appreciate not throwing a rookie to the wolves but the approach that Lewis takes is too extreme the other way. The second biggest flaw is not being aggressive enough and in some ways that ties in to the first flaw. At what point in this failure of a season is Marvin going to make a serious change to lineup? Week 16? His team is on the ropes of being eliminated from the post season and he's cool with lining Nugent up for extra points. It's like Brad St Lois all over again. That guy missed a number of snaps before we decided to cut him and that was years ago. So after all this time he's doing the same thing with Nugent.

Anyways there's my plan. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals - CageTheBengal - 11-30-2016, 11:54 PM