Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals
1) Put in a Bengals Ring of Honor with Anthony Munoz, Isaac Curtis, Ken Riley, Ken Anderson and Corey Dillon in as the first inductees. There will be one new inductee every year with great fanfare. A whole weekend in honor of the inductee as well as past Bengal players.

2) Lower prices of all concessions and tickets. Reserve 10 tickets to each game for members of our armed forces and their families.

3) Install practice bubble.

4) Hire 2 additional scouts that have a proven track record.

5) Meet with every single player one-on-one and get their unbiased opinions on the team. Conversations will be confidential. Do the same with the current coaching staff.

6) Assess the availability of coaches from other teams and the college ranks that can replace current coaching staff. I wouldn't get rid of any coach without an adequate replacement. That said, there's almost always an adequate replacement every year. I would look at Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia, Todd Haley and Jim Schwartz. If I decide I want one of these guys, I will let them call the shots on who they want as assistants.

7) I would franchise Kirkpatrick and sign Whitworth and LaFell to a one year deal. I wouldn't give Zeitler a huge contract as I think his play has regressed. I would sign Rex Burkhead and Brandon Thompson to decent deals as well. They shouldn't be very costly. All the other free agents can walk.

8) Let Nugent go at the end of the season. Bring in kickers to compete for a job while looking at potential free-agents. This is a priority for the team.

9) Knowing the Bengals never get big-time free-agents, and I don't have any issues with this philosophy personally, I wouldn't rule out making a splash in which helps us and hurts another team in our division. I would reach out to Le'Veon Bell in free-agency as well as Kawann Short and Melvin Ingram.

10) Since Bell and Short (and most other big-time free-agents) would be too expensive, I would go after starters and productive players who are finishing their rookie contracts. Johnathan Hankins (DT-NYG) would be a solid pickup who is only 25 years old, Brandon Willams (DT-BAL), John Simon (OLB-HOU), Cairo Santos (K-KC), Brandon McManus (K-DEN) and maybe take a flier on Jamie Collins (OLB-CLE) and Dont'a Hightower (OLB-NE).

11) Draft one of the following players if available with our #1 pick: Jabrill Peppers/Johnathan Allen/Myles Garrett/Rueben Foster.

12) Cheerleaders are topless
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals - BengalFanInNJ - 12-01-2016, 03:27 AM