Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU
(12-01-2016, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree but i don't think that has much, if anything, to do with what i was saying. I just always get the (unfortunate) feeling that some points that are raised, are summarily discarded because of who they're made by--whether it's this case, or a case of someone(s) else in the past. 

When a POTUS can take the time to speak on an event that's national news, and does it on several occasions--sometimes where he probably shouldn't--but chooses to remain silent other times, and it becomes questionable why and when he chooses to speak; if a question is raised as to why he hasn't, it shouldn't be dismissed based on who raises the question simply because a certain group likes to disagree with everything that person says. It's counter to what a discussion on a message board is meant to be and turns the focus on the person, not the point. 

I really don't stand on one side or the other when it comes to agreeing or disagreeing with the question. Nor do i stand on one side or the other with my opinion on what the POTUS decides to speak on. Not strongly, at least. I just think the question has merit but it's hard to exchange opinions when the question is dismissed because of the messenger. 

So which way do you want it?  For the POTUS to comment immediately on every tragedy?  Or to not comment "when he probably shouldn't"?  During a time when many people are already edgy about (and violent toward) immigrants what would you have the President say? Other than a pat on the back for the officer who stopped the attacker?  

Trump likes to run his mouth and tweet his feelings on a subject.  And he doesn't know when to stop.

Hence:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ohio-state-attacker-should-not-have-been-in-our-country-145344186.html

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump believes that the Somali immigrant who plowed a car into a crowd of pedestrians on the campus of Ohio State University on Monday and then used a butcher knife to attack them should never have been allowed to enter the United States.

Abdul Razak Ali Artan, a 20-year-old Muslim who was a lawful permanent resident and student at the school, was shot and killed by police moments after the attack began. Eleven people were wounded, but all of the victims survived. ISIS claimed responsibility for the assault on Tuesday, calling Artan one of its “soldiers.”

“ISIS is taking credit for the terrible stabbing attack at Ohio State University by a Somali refugee who should not have been in our country,” Trump tweeted early Wednesday.

Quote:[/url]
[url=https://postimg.org/image/9xx4b6nf7/][Image: trumposu.jpg]

But U.S. officials say there is no evidence Artan — a refugee who came to the United States with his family in 2014 after fleeing Somalia for Pakistan in 2007 — communicated directly with the terrorist organization. Rep. Adam Schiff, ranking Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Artan appeared to have been influenced by extremist material on the Internet.

“It appears that the attacker was radicalized online by jihadist propaganda,” Schiff said in a statement.

Trump’s statement echoes his controversial immigration plan, which first called for a temporary ban on all Muslims entering the United States. Trump announced that plan after terror attacks in San Bernardino and Paris. He later muddled his position, saying he wanted to suspend immigration from countries or regions that are “harboring and training terrorists.”

Trump told Yahoo News last year that he was open to the possibility of a database for Muslim Americans. The proposal was met with swift backlash, and Trump distanced himself from the idea. But earlier this month, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a Trump policy adviser and potential Homeland Security secretary, said the president-elect was mulling a registry for immigrants from Muslim countries.

He just blurts out whatever his opinion is based on nothing else.  Well, sometimes based on whatever FOX News is broadcasting that gets his gander up.

Sounds like something you would take the current POTUS to task for.  

As others on the board would say:

(11-30-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is amazing the amount of deflection that goes on here.

And 

(12-01-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Many are unapologetically hypocritical. 

I'll patiently wait while someone says it was because the attacker didn't use a gun.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU - GMDino - 12-01-2016, 08:19 AM