Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals
(12-01-2016, 09:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you are going to be disappointed if you think you can replace Boling for $5 million a year.  Or LaFell for $2.5 million.  Whitworth and Krirkpatrick make $15.5 million this year.  No way you can replace a top LT and CB for less than that. Peko is only making $3.5 million this year.  You are not going to be able to sign a veteran DT for much less than that.

Bernard and Ray may be a little overpaid, but not by a lot. Pacman look soverpaid, but the contract was noit that far out of line when he signed it this offseason after playing so well last year. 

Basically you are going to have to replace most of these guys with players still on their rookie contracts to save a lot of money.

Of course the problem with Kirkpatrick, Whitworth. Peko, Zeitler and others is they become free agents in January and If Mike Brown really wanted them they would be resigned by now....So lets blame Mikey on that......Mikey did pay Pacman huge and did draft Dennard and Jackson both in round one just lately.  I can only assume Mikey has planned on letting often injured and slow developing Kirkpatrick go. ...Whit and Peko probably get better offers from other teams.  I think Peko age is showing and Whit looks on the age decline also.  .....LaFell gets no separation and we can do better.  Wright may be better than LaFell right now...........My goal would not be to save money.....Because this will only be a 3 or 4 win season, my goal IS to replace most of these guys with other players. I would refuse to stand pat after a 4 win season. ..........but Mike Brown is in charge and may bring back the entire 4 win team. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals - kevin - 12-01-2016, 10:50 AM