Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-season plan, version 1.0
Quote:Also, a lot of people need to remember that for these players, this is their job. They want to make the most money at their job and provide for their families. It's not always about winning a championship for every player.
Bingo.. All the tripe written about passion for the game , loyalty to the city / fans goes right out the window when someone else is dangling a very big paycheck in front of their faces. Very few players are loyal to a city they're not born and raised in . It's about getting paid regardless of what we as fans  want. 
Being the number 1 or 2 is secondary and though all that sounds nice and makes for a nice story line the bottom line is about the money .  Teams do have financial constraints so it isn't as if they have unlimited amounts of money at any given time . i think Jones saw a much higher potential in Detroit not only as the number one ,but as a stepping stone to a much higher paycheck down the road replacing Calvin Johnson even though it hasn't really worked out the way he was likely told by his agent or team . Hell, for all we know Stafford just doesn't like Marvin Jones . Who knows and it's possible he'll get cut by Detroit and return to Cincinnati .. Anything is possible in that regard . 
Anyway ,I suspect Marvin Lewis will be back next season even though most fans want him gone and we'll see a revamping  of the assistant coaching ranks, hopefully of younger guys with fresh ideas instead of coaching them to play a 1980s game . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Off-season plan, version 1.0 - SHRacerX - 11-28-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - Sled21 - 11-30-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - magikod - 12-04-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - J24 - 11-28-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - samhain - 11-28-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - samhain - 11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - Yojimbo - 11-28-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Off-season plan, version 1.0 - grampahol - 12-01-2016, 11:59 AM