Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon chimes in on Marvin Lewis
(12-01-2016, 12:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Contrary to how it feels MB isn't going to live forever. Sadly when he was a young man he was able to breed and produce offspring. I suspect they won't do too much differently than the old man. My window of rooting for the franchise is closing. If they continue the same path my allegiance will change. I no longer live in the area so if his kids do the same thing the old man does I'll be done as a Bengals fan once and for all.

I hear ya. Hell I'm only 28 and I'm sick enough of Mike Brown's Bengals. I'll give Katie a few years of loyalty after Mike passes but if she continues his frugal, lackadaisical approach to owning a football team I will be done. I would hope most people would be.

She should hopefully know first hand how awful her father is at running the team. Thankfully, her convincing Mike to keep Marvin after the 2010 season (or whatever she did... I know she challenged her father on something and won lol) shows she may have at least a little football knowledge. But there's still plenty more she needs to do to show she is serious about winning and won't be a penny-pinching bee-yotch. 

There would be absolutely no point in cheering for a hopeless franchise. Katie has to change the entire approach her father had. Will she? Honestly, I doubt it... But I'll give her a chance. If she doesn't change the culture, then I'm done. Not just with the Bengals but with the NFL in general. There's no way I could change my allegiance and cheer for another team, just not possible. The league is in a downward spin anyway, so I'd likely just have to go out and actually enjoy my Sunday's for a change
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corey Dillon chimes in on Marvin Lewis - Pat5775 - 12-01-2016, 01:52 PM