Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill
(12-01-2016, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think we lose playoff games because we don't have a "Ring of Honor".

When have we kept a player with a guaranteed contract when he should have been cut.  I am not aware of many Bengals players having 100% guaranteed contracts.

Dick LeBeau was  coach from the "lost decade" so does that mean the Steelers did not care about wining when they hired him as their DC?

Don't know what the number of Hall of Fame players has to do with the team "caring about winning".  and neither do you.  You just have a laundry list of complaints that you think justify your claims when they really don't.

Letting Zimmer go does not mean they don't care about winning.  That is just your opinion and it proves nothing.

The Bengals made some of the biggest "outside the box" decisions in the league when they hired Jay Gruden from the Arena League.   In fact many of you whiners lost your minds when they made that move and claimed it was proof that the Bengals "don't care about winning.  They also made shrewd move when they basically created a coaching position for HUe after he was fired by Oakland.

bengals play the free agent game like the Packers, and I don't see anyone claiming the packers don't care about winning. 

Fred, I have nothing against you and I am not going to argue with you.  You have your opinion and I have mine.

Zimmer is not just my opinion, but the opinion of lots around here and I am sure I have heard mention of it on sports channels.  That was the perfect time, imho, to move away from Marvin.  Zimmer had the defense rolling and had the respect of the whole team as far as I am aware.  It was time for Marv to go and they messed it up.  He still has one of the top D's in Minny.

As far as the ring of honor, yes, I absolutely believe it shows they do not care about winning.  If you care about winning, your players and the fans then you do stuff like that.  Call it an intangible.  It shows that you care and that you are dedicated.  Does not having a ring of honor mean AJ Green will drop a crucial ball or that Dalton will miss a wide open reciever; of course not, but it shows you're all in and really care and that CAN have a positive mental effect on the team and in turn can transfer to results on the field.

As far as a bubble, imo, same thing applies.  I wonder how it REALLY makes the players feel to know that high schools have better dedicated facilities then the NFL team they play for?  Maybe all the players could care less about practicing in the cold/rain/wind; but what does it tell them about the dedication from the owner to provide them with the best possible chance to practice, develope and win?

You are looking at direct correlation and I believe there is a lot of indirect correlation from coaching and management decisions that tranfer to the play on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill - GodFather - 11-30-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill - Mickeypoo - 12-01-2016, 05:33 PM