Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill
(12-01-2016, 06:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It reflects reality to a certain degree. People are too emotional right now to be logical and the skews peoples reality.  I hope people don't truly believe we should consider shopping AJ Green. I'd feel the same about the Cardinals or the Panthers fans losing it over one season. The need to get a grip and realize the NFL is an up and down business for all franchises not located in New England and one down season doesn't mean the franchise has fallen back into the 90s.

Too many people are speaking only in extremes and say things like they want to blow up the team despite being a year removed from one of the best seasons we've had in a while. Obviously changes need to be made but acting like there is no chance we will win, no coach will want to coach here and our roster is full losers is hard for me to respect because I can only assume that isn't a thought that is based off of football knowledge it's just emotion for the sake of emotion. Which isn't promoting discussion.

There's a lot to be negative about and rightfully so but I lose patience with people who want to make a new thread every time they think they have the latest and greatest Marvin joke or put down and contribute nothing to other threads trying to discuss what actually needs to be changed other then one-liners about how the team sucks. A portion of them are the same people who go out of there way to moan about something when things are going well.

There are always going to be extreme opinions based on emotion and frustration (obviously trading AJ Green would be an example...If the person was being serious), but I think most people are pretty reasonable. Even blowing up the team seems like a realistic idea, unfortunately. We've already lost a lot of good players, and guys like Whit, Peko, Mauluga, Pacman, MJ, etc are either washed up or getting there. I could also see a quick rebound with the right FA/draft and coaching moves, but both are realistic possibilities.

I understand your frustration with the boards right now, but I also understand why so many are frustrated with the FO and team in general. We just have to hope the team provides us with better things to talk about this offseason and on into next season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill - GodFather - 11-30-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill - Shake n Blake - 12-01-2016, 06:39 PM