Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio making some familiar points
(12-01-2016, 06:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I rolled my eyes when I saw that. It seems like whenever Marvin's name comes up as a possibility for replacing, Florio will roll this stuff out. This is the fourth season in a row that he's posted this stuff. We also have to remember that Florio is a Steelers fan, so that's why he probably doesn't want Marvin replaced.

Since Marvin took over:

Swept Steelers: 1 (2009)
Split: 6 (2 of these seasons included a 2nd loss in the postseason)
Been swept: 6

Yeah, let's keep Marv and keep the same thing in place.

Get outta my brain. Yeah Florio has lived around Pittsburgh his entire life and for anyone paying attention, it's obvious that PFT is pro-Steelers. So naturally he loves Marv coaching the Bengals, and yeah he has been spewing the same BS every year when the subject comes up.

(12-01-2016, 06:40 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: My only concern about moving on from Marvin who gets the job and how long will they have to win.

If the HC gig is just handed off to Zampese or Guenther and they get a decade or so to coach then that doesn't sound like a good deal. At this point though we need to just try something new.

I just dont want to see the HC job given to one of the coordinators.

Ditto this as well. As much as it seems like the right time to move on from Marv, Mike's patience is a scary thing. The only time he fired a coach promptly was DlCK Lebeau. Shula, Coslet and Marv were given way too much leash.

(12-01-2016, 06:45 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Also do we really know who would be responsible for the hiring process after Marvin?

Would it be led by Katie or Mike?

Hard telling, but it seemed both had a say in the 2003 search. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florio making some familiar points - Shake n Blake - 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM