Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals
1. As had already been stated this is a family business so my top priority is to establish a good relationship with the Browns/Blackburns. I'll need their support to make any moves.

2. Fire Marvin. I'd throw however much money it takes to get Zimmer back. In reality he is cozy up there so if I had to pick a few people I'd maybe aim for a McDaniels if possible. But I am also upset we lost Vance Joseph. I really wanted him to succeed Marv when the time came. So my choice would be a first time HC who has had a successful run as a coordinator, preferably offensive. HC would choose his staff but I would have full veto rights over any choice. Also, I would give the new HC a minimum of 3 seasons to prove himself.

3. If there is one thing that a player likes about playing for Cincinnati is that you are unlikely to be released from your contract early. This is a reputation that is good and could help us sign top FA's. I would truly want to keep this reputation in tact so I wouldn't necessarily want to start cutting players but I would be selective about who is re-signed to the team. Maintaining this reputation, this loyalty, would be an important part of my tenure as GM.

4. I would get together with Duke Tobin, who is in my opinion the most valuable member of the entire organization, and start talking personnel and focusing on building a team with chemistry. I think we have too many distractions in the locker room. We did really good bouncing back after the TO-Ocho show. Our team needs a new direction and more players like Andy and AJ who are role models. I love Pacman and Burfict, but they really need to get their heads out of their rears and play as a team. A new philosophy is what this team needs... and some damn discipline.

5. I would hire a person to run a few accounts on here. To be an active member of the board and comment things to talk up the team and sell tickets! Also to report back to me what you are all whining about so I could address it and in turn, sell more tickets and merch. Afterall, money is success. But really, I would actually take an interest in what the fans are thinking because at the end of the day we rely on them to support the team and spend the money that keeps the team afloat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals - RagnarLothbrok - 12-02-2016, 02:23 AM