Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Marvin Study His Competition At All?
(12-02-2016, 06:17 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Why don't you understand that he just made one from 52 yards easily?  I even gave you a video link so you could see for yourself.  
I think you're still struggling with what we're talking about here.

Scenario:
Marvin watches the 52 yard FG go sailing through the uprights that would've been good from 60.  
Fast fowrard----------------------------->

4th and 4. Marvin has to make a decision, should he let Tucker (not Nuge) kick another fg from 57 or take the penalty and push them out of range?  (Mind you he is now 5/5 from 50+.)

*jeopardy music plays - surprisingly no Bengal timeout is called here*

Marvin decides to let him kick.  Ravens get another 3.  Bengals fall further behind.  

===================================================================================

What you call hindsight, I call foresight because I just watched him kill that 52 yd fg.  I will continue to criticize Marvin Lewis when he makes poor decisions such as that one and also losing the first down by calling the timeout.  Ridiculous.  I'm tired of it and so are a lot of others as well.

If the penalty happened on the 54 yard FG (the 3rd one) instead of the 2nd FG and Marvin followed his same strategy, I bet you'd still support him, because you think a kicker will miss from that range.  I get that part.  You have to think about the individual player.  Career kicks of 61, 56 & 55?  I just think Marvin didn't know any better or wasn't prepared, quite frankly.

FWIW, Tucker did make a 56 yard FG in Philly in 2012 and a 54 in Baltimore this year.  I don't recall either having a dome.  Ya, I know, it's not 57 yards!  
You got me.  Shucks.

If Marvin takes the penalty to push them out of range you do realize that they replay the down after marking off the penalty yardage?giving Baltimore another crack at converting the third down into possibly a first down via a good play or penalty instead of letting them attempt a low percentage kick,it's really an easy decision to me
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Marvin Study His Competition At All? - Tlawsonmariat82 - 12-02-2016, 10:24 PM