Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio making some familiar points
(12-03-2016, 02:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Florio is a Steelers toad.  Let's just put that out there for starters.  He doesn't want the Bengals to win -- but not everyone named Florio is a Bengal hater.

Here's my thinking:  The "other" Florio -- Mike -- wants the Bengals to be good enough to beat the Browns and the Ravens -- but not the Steelers -- thereby making Pittsburgh's job winning the AFC North and in the playoffs easier.  Yes, Marvin Lewis is light years better than anyone Cincinnati has had at head coach since the days of Sam Wyche but unfortunately Marvin is no Sam Wyche.  If I was the owner of a bad team like Jacksonville or San Francisco -- or Purdue -- I would be wining and dining Marvin as often as I could.  He's the perfect coach to take a team from suck to success. However...

...Marvin Lewis is not a championship caliber head coach.  There; I said it!  Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn need to get their intelligent minds around this fact and internalize it because the Bengals aren't going to go anywhere in the post-season while Marvin is on the sideline. I take no pleasure in writing that because I truly like Marvin.  It's time to move on here in Bengaldom; the 
Front Office whiffed badly on not retaining Mike Zimmer and if Tom Coughlin wanted a second chance I think the Front Office needs to entertain this possibility.
I'll end with this thought:  Promoting from within the organization will not work.  The Cincinnati coaching staff needs fresh blood with an outsider's perspective on the team who has no preconceived notions as to what this team is all about.  Having a head coach who pees sulfuric acid and poops napalm would be a nice bonus too!
You cant have it both ways, I get what you are saying though. I dont think anyone on this staff is worth promoting much less keeping but you know deep down inside thats what they will do. When they finally fire Marvin they will promote Paulie or Zamp and It will make losing Zim, Hue hell even Jay that much harder to swallow. The longer this team waits to can Marvin the harder it will be to get a decent outside coach. There is still alot of talent on this team, combine that with high picks and we may entice a good coach, BUT this has to happen now not after next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florio making some familiar points - TKUHL - 12-03-2016, 04:02 PM