Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I can't believe I'm saying this about coaching...
But I think that the only thing that needs replaced in the off-season should be the OC. And I think that Norv Turner would be the best candidate to do so.

The players are still playing really hard. They just had a string of poor kicking in close games.

My offseason presricption for fixing the Bengals ails:

Replace the kicker
Bolster the Oline, and Dline
Grab a strong OC.

Sometimes teams have bad luck, but besides the kicker struggling mightily I think that the OC is a mess. Just too green to be handed the keys to such a high end team with high end expectations. There's no reason the offense should look the way it does. Especially in the red zone.

Norv Turner gets the MAX out of the TE spot and the Bengals have 3 studs and 1 other worldly player at that spot. He also can work a running game and stretch the field. I think he would also command the respect of Marvin and be left alone to do his thing.

What style of offense do you see benefiting the current roster? Do you want pass happy, deep threat, run more, West Coast? And what OC do you think could step in right away and make that happen seamlessly?

I predicted 7-9 before the season and felt that the team was due to have a down year. It's just typically how it goes in the NFL. I'm not as upset or bitter about it as a lot of other fans and don't think a total roster or coaching overhaul is going to be a step forward.

Thanks and Whodey!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I can't believe I'm saying this about coaching... - PDub80 - 12-03-2016, 05:32 PM