Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I can't believe I'm saying this about coaching...
(12-03-2016, 09:19 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: "What style of offense do you see benefiting the current roster?"

No Huddle/Hurry up. Whenever we go up tempo (going all the way back to Palmer days).. we succeed. It was born here for a reason.

Crazy isn't it. Every time we squeeze out a FG or a rare TD before the end of the second half it is literally always because Dalton went no huddle and called his own plays and marched right down the field.

But then the next drive Zampese gets an ego and gets mad that Daltons plays actually freaking worked and then he goes back to his trash offense of predictable plays with a little dumb crap mixed in to try and out do Dalton. Then we don't even come close to scoring for the rest of the game. Like clockwork.

Iv said it before I think both our coordinators are egotistical losers who need to accept that the stuff they want to do isn't successful. Gunther is the main culprit of ego. Zimmer left behind the ABSOLUTE PERFECT blueprint for a defense. We had run it for YEARS and all the players were familiar with the man blitz scheme. Gunther comes in year 1 and changes the WHOLE defense. Usually you ease the team into the new stuff you wanna run game by game year by year. NOPE. Gunther's egotistical ass said screw that I'm going to implement my dumb ass 90% zone defense scheme and run it all year for most the game. If the guys don't get it **** em.....because I wanna be a head coach somewhere and the Bengals are my vehicle to do so.

Gunther's defense literally doesn't work against any good QB in the modern NFL. Its like he thinks this is 1985. Theres a reason why most the league runs man or hybrid defense mostly. Because playing zone as much as we do is freaking STUPID. I remember that NE game where Tom Brady and Gronk just ate us alive because Gunther would not stop playing zone. Remember that play against the Giants where Eli threw it to OBJ in the zone? Basically lost us the game. Remember the infamous Steeler game where we got up 1 god damn point and ran prevent zone D for literally an entire defensive possession and gave up a TD in like 4 mins. That's 3 games right there, and theres probably been more his defensive scheme have lost us but honestly I stopped watching full Bengals games after the Patriots game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't believe I'm saying this about coaching... - Housh - 12-03-2016, 10:34 PM